Tigus

Tigus

Israel Rank: The Autobiography of a Criminal (1907)
Roy Horniman
Progress: 146/408 pages
The Story of Classic Crime in 100 Books
Martin Edwards
Progress: 158/357 pages
Batgirl Vol. 3: Point Blank
Kelley Puckett, Various

Reading progress update: I've read 118 out of 336 pages.

The Anatomy of Murder - Dorothy L. Sayers, Francis Iles, John Rhode, Freeman Wills Croft, The Detection Club, Helen Simpson

I've now read 3 of the 7 True Crime cases mulled over by various early or founding Members of The Detection Club, and am well past the point of worrying about whether or not this book would hold my interest at all. the cases are all ancient as of 2017, and heck, most of the Mystery writers participating in this odd project are not the ones that have stayed famous in this era--not counting Sayers--but if I've learned one thing it's that I would love to read a novel by Margaret Cole; I love the way she writes. next up is the totally obscure E. R. Punshon dealing with "The Landru Case", and the way these things go, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy no one has ever thought of in 50 years does the best essay! though Sayers is up next after Punshon, and I don't see how Sayers could go wrong writing a True Crime story, especially if it involved passion gone wrong, revenge, or evil. I shall experience the Sayers Nonfiction effect soon.