Tigus

Progress: 75/237 pages
The White People and Other Weird Stories
Arthur Machen
Progress: 270/377 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 1 out of 161 pages.

Unpacking "Chuck": The TV Series Interpreted - G. Walter Bush

years ago, box sets of Seasons of Chuck were on sale at the DVD store, when there were still DVD stores. anyway, at that price I took a chance and bought Season 1. I figured I would find the show silly, and maybe kind of offensive if the woman spy was amazing, while she endured this male dunce named Chuck. so I watched Episode 1, and I loved the show from then on. and I confess right now to falling hard for Yvonne Strahovski. I used to end up over at my best friend's place, with DVDs to watch, and I persuaded him to watch Episode 1 of Chuck. "Even if you don't like the show--and I didn't think it was going to be my kind of humour--and you don't want to see any more episodes..that's fine. But you should see this woman.". Well--there's my friend, as Yvonne Strahovski's face comes on screen for the first time (and he worships Michelle Pfeiffer, so there is normally no room for any other celebrity crushes), and all I hear is "Wow. Is that the woman who is on every week?! What is her name? Wow.".

we watched every episode. we both love "her", but truly, it emerged as one of my favourite shows regardless. admittedly, if YS had left the show midway through, or something horrible like that, it would have seared us both--but I would have watched anyway, because Chuck's growth as a person and as a spy with a conscience, was amazing, the humorous spy adventures are all very creative, and Iove the show.

I did not know about this boo, and its follow-up, but my best friend gave me them for my birthday, and has copies himself. shall be fun revisiting Chuck. no pictures, though--damn.