Tigus

Ed Brubaker
Night Heron
Adam Brookes
Progress: 193/419 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 80 out of 160 pages.

Suicide Squad Vol. 1: The Black Vault (Rebirth) - Philip Tan, Jim Lee, Rob Williams

that was a shocking death (if it sticks, that is)! meanwhile, I hate the way the movies dictate the way things roll in superhero comics lately--team make-up, lines stolen from films, characters in films are most likely to get all the glory--but that's the way it is these days. fortunately, I always liked Katana and Killer Croc, so it's not a tragedy that their selection for the film version of the Squad has carried through to DC making the safe choice of making the movie team the Rebirth team. semi-gripe aside--this is all still right up my alley. high energy, highly unpredictable, the Squad perpetually the underdogs putting up a good fight even if that's just drawing fire while June Moone finally stops angsting and powers up. art is dynamic--I like Deadshot's eyepiece a little bit bigger than the version we get here but okay. it's hard not to love Harley. Rick Flag is more alive here than that film version. and the gore level is up a bit from the old days, for what that's worth. this is still my team, my series. happy!