Tigus

Progress: 270/377 pages
The Crow Girl
Erik Axl Sund
Progress: 325/773 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 222 out of 337 pages.

Dreaming Spies: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes - Laurie R. King

I always feel a little off, if I don't get to do my bit of reading before work in the morning--like for example, this morning. real life intruded; in fact, starting about 2:30 afternoon yesterday, up until noon today, some things in my life were...not good, suddenly. luckily, I've emerged from the bleakness feeling okay...and I could focus again on reading! meanwhile, this book is not turning out to be a big favorite of mine--I don't feel there's a enough plot here--but the last 50 pages or so that I read sort of brought the whole thing to life, and I'm happier when I look at this as a slow-moving Spy novel. I'm oddly reminded of Le Carre (which I did not see coming!)...the only problem there being that I'm in that minority who doesn't really go for Le Carre that much. I've got "Book Three" to deal with, as of page 223, and I confess to being intrigued with where this book will be going as it creeps to a finale, and being charmed by its weird feel, but also feeling that I'm ready for my next book, which will be a deliberate opposite to this one, in every way...