Tigus

Tigus

Resorting to Murder: Holiday Mysteries: A British Library Crime Classic (British Library Crime Classics)
Martin Edwards
Progress: 206/278 pages
Batman by Ed Brubaker Vol. 1
Scott McDaniel, Ed Brubaker
Progress: 88/288 pages
A Watery Grave
Jean Chapman
Progress: 4/224 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 95 out of 218 pages.

Behold a Fair Woman - Francis Duncan

I must say, I'm really enjoying dipping into this series now and then. certainly there was a bit of a longish wait for our (first?) murder, this go-around, but now that someone is actually dead, I'm thinking that was one of my favorite 'discovery of the corpse " scenes I've encountered. not only is the victim the person I would most have suspected of being the murderer were this person to be still alive on page 96, but I love how ever-curious Mordecai, who just couldn't resist taking one little "peek" (it had been gnawing at him since the day before), went up the ladder for a bit of fun, and to take his peek, and...there's a dead person, while the individual with the closest link to the deceased shows up simultaneously, wondering where so-and-so is, since so-and-so seems to have gone missing/"gee, I hope nothing terrible has happened, you haven't seen [him or her], have you, Mr. Tremaine...?".

uhhhhhmmmmm, yes. yes, I have...