Tigus

Tigus

Our Man in Charleston: Britain's Secret Agent in the Civil War South
Christopher Dickey
Progress: 51/387 pages
The Big Book of Jack the Ripper (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard Original)
Otto Penzler
Progress: 109/848 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 8 out of 297 pages.

Murder of a Lady - Anthony Wynne

not sure we need another simile in the whole book, after the first page of Chapter 1. good first few pages, though--things have, shall we say, caught my attention; and the first incoming details of the state of the victim, etc.--lack of blood at the scene given the nasty wound--has already got my "little grey cells" percolating, while I'm reminded of a similar circumstance regarding the victim in Ngaio Marsh's Off With His Head (not much blood) and what Alleyn was able to deduce quicker than everyone else, from that.

anyway, this won't be a regular habit of mine--to put down the book suddenly and make a Post due to a sudden thought--and I think I'll go dark about further clues, if they are clues, and what they might indicate. I just wanted to let everyone know that my Buddy Read of this book has officially begun, the book seems like it will be a winner, the style is not so wooden as I was worried about, and we're off to the races! and I already have something to ponder and be wrong about, good for me...