The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School
Progress: 62/472 pages
Deathstroke, The Terminator Vol. 3: Nuclear Winter
Steve Erwin, Marv Wolfman
Progress: 6/272 pages
The Big Book of Jack the Ripper (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard Original)
Otto Penzler
Progress: 210/848 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 163 out of 377 pages.

The White People and Other Weird Stories - Arthur Machen

I'm not really on page 163. but, when I finished the Jonathan Carroll novel this morning at the coffee shop, that meant I had just read 137 pages. so, when I fished this Machen book out of my goodie bag, I saw that the next "short story" (hah!), called 'A Fragment of Life' was not so short. and I decided to knock off the three very short works left in the Machen collection, totaling about 15 pages: 'The Bowmen', 'The Soldiers' Rest', and 'Out of the Earth'. that leaves me with three rather longish tales left in this book, before I'm done with it. I just marked where I would be, if I had just read the next 15 pages; I think you get the point. meanwhile, the three quickies I read this morning were okay, but I'm hoping this author can really wow me while working with the higher page-counts that constitute 'A Fragment of Life', 'The Great Return', and the one with the best and boldest title, 'The Terror', I'm also thinking that the next time I go to this book, I might be inclined to stick with it until i've read everything. we'll see, later on.