Tigus

Marv Wolfman, George PĂ©rez
Nightmares & Dreamscapes
Stephen King
Progress: 72/897 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 82 out of 448 pages.

Aristoi - Walter Jon Williams

okay, I think that, overall, I’m going to like this - at least get some enjoyment out of it. the first chapter seemed like it set the stage for a very confusing SF future scenario, but I had to allow for the fact that the author just wanted to drop me into something immense, and way beyond where our technologies and societies are now, and not spoonfeed me. so I said to myself: “this has to do with patience, has happened before, and goes two ways: in two or three more chapters it will be worse and things will be boring and confusing pretty much throughout...or, a few chapters will let me get my bearings, slowly explain terms and concepts as they get used more and more, and meanwhile get some kind of story moving, with confusion evaporating as enjoyment starts setting in, wanting to read more instead of regretting the book choice.

thankfully, that second circumstance has kicked in, and though I know from experience with SF novels that I’m not out of the woods yet, I don’t think this one is going to turn on me. it’s challenging and initially a bit intimidating...and now it’s become quite interesting.